“Streaming is believing”
Our costumer Roku is changing how the world watches TV
Our client Roku is the #1 TV streaming platform in the US. They pioneered streaming to the TV and their mission is to be the number one TV streaming platform, which connects the entire TV ecosystem. Roku connect consumers to the content they love; they enable content publishers to build and monetize large audiences and provide advertisers unique capabilities to engage consumers.
From your first day at Roku, you will make a valuable — and valued — contribution. Roku is a fast-growing company, where no one is a bystander. Roku can offer you the opportunity to delight millions of TV streamers worldwide while gaining meaningful experience across various disciplines.
About the role
At this very moment our client Roku is searching for an experienced Senior Software Engineer in Test, to join their team in Aarhus, Denmark’s second largest city.
You will be collaborating with world-class global development teams applying your finest testing expertise across a range of our state-of-the-art devices. Key responsibilities will include:
- Innovation of automated test development for system testing with real hardware
- Automated test creation using Python
- Develop and maintain test infrastructure
- Data analysis and visualisation
- Utilising Test logs, KPI’s and failure analysis to identify issues and fixes
You will use your multitude of skills to help both Software Engineers and QA Engineers to deal with the daily challenges that their roles present, you will suggest ways that they can improve quality and speed up their workflow using your specialist knowledge.
What Roku is searching for is Engineers of all levels of experience, and if you are currently working in development, with a strong interest in software quality and are open to transitioning to a test-focused or hybrid role, then definitely Roku would love to hear from you!
Based on Rokus values: The ideal candidate is not a bystander, and the ideal candidate is curious and engaged, willing to jump in to solve problems and make data-driven decisions even when things feel very ambiguous. Their industry changes quickly, so Roku expect a great candidate to be comfortable responding quickly to changing business needs, knowing that their own success comes when the team succeed.
Roku is excited if you have
- A desire to be part of a team who thrives on challenges and innovation
- Strong experience with Python and test automation frameworks
- Previous experience with Non-Functional Testing (Performance Testing, Stress Testing)
- Knowledge of continuous integration tools (Jenkins/Hudson, TeamCity, Maven, Gradle)
- Familiar with Linux systems
- Continually seek new ways to challenge software under test
- Instinctively know when a situation calls for exploratory, scripted or automated testing
- Fundamentals of defect analysis
- Familiar with automated testing tools (JUnit, TestNG, Selenium, RestAssured, SoapUI)
- Testing compatibility with Audio/Video streaming devices
- Experience in HDMI/HDCP, Wireless Networks and Bluetooth
- Mentoring less experienced Engineers and driving automation development
- Generating and presenting quantitative reports
You will possess the skills and confidence to navigate working in a fast-paced environment and be frequently taken out of your comfort zone. You will need to be able to ask questions and apply critical thinking to situations and seize opportunities to learn and improve yourself and others, along with keeping up to date with the latest technologies.
Roku is a great place for people who want to work in a fast-paced environment, where everyone is focused on the company’s success rather than their own. Roku strive to surround themselves with people; who are great at their jobs, who are easy to work with, and who keep their egos in check. They appreciate a sense of humor. They are independent thinkers with big ideas, who act boldly, move fast, and accomplish extraordinary things through collaboration and trust. In short, at Roku you will be part of a company that is changing how the world watches TV.
Roku have a unique culture that they are very proud of. They think of themselves primarily as problem-solvers, which itself is a two-part idea. They come up with the solution, but the solution isn't real until it is built and delivered to the customer. That penchant for action provides Roku a pragmatic approach to innovation, one that has served them well since 2002.
Meet more of the team in Roku Aarhus