Our customer Techem Denmark manages an IoT software system that manages, analyzes, and displays data from over 1 mio. remote sensors. They are continuously developing the online universe that is made available to property managers and tenants, used for remote reading of energy sources in typical housing associations and commercial rentals.
As a developer, you will be part of the team that develops and manages the web portal, as well as the backend systems that hold the large amounts of data supporting it. You will part of a smaller highly skilled development team, who are all driven by the desire to take on responsibility and technical challenges, and you will have daily communication with both internal and external stakeholders. You will become part of an international environment where Techem Denmark's products today integrate and play together with products developed at Techem in Germany, France, and Poland.
The most important competencies we seek from you are:
- Techem primarily use open-source technologies, and the system is mostly Python/Django based. As such you are either already experienced in this technology or are highly motivated to learn it. This of course includes HTML/CSS/JS.
- Experience with React/React-native is a bonus
- You have experience with relational databases, such as PostgreSQL. Techem use TimescaleDB but experience with this is not a requirement.
- You are proficient in English, both written and spoken.
- You have experience working with software systems running in production in a business setting.
- You like to learn new technologies and help adopt them when relevant. This could be everything from Docker and Kubernetes to CI/CD or a new testing framework.
- You are able to translate business needs into robust software solutions.
What can Techem Denmark offer you?
You will be part of a strong in-house software team based in Aarhus, and part of a large pan-european organization. We're serious about what we do but keep an informal tone. We focus on results, and as long as we meet them, you'll have a large degree of influence on your position
Techem is one of the leading companies in the world within consumption meters for water and energy consumption, digital distribution accounts and online operational monitoring. Techem Denmark A/S is part of the international Techem group, which employs more than 3,200 people in 20 countries. With an increased global focus on the sustainable use of our common water and energy resources, which increases our everyone's awareness of resources and consumption behavior, as well as of sustainable global development in direct line with the FN’s Sustainable Development Goals 2030.