Strategic Advisor to the CEO/Board of Managers
The IT Business Partner (ITBP) has the overall responsibility to serve as the strategic interface with operating businesses for the purpose of business technology strategy development, solution discovery, service management, risk management and relationship management. The ITBP provides highly valued strategic consulting level support and guidance through key IT initiatives. They communicate decisions, priorities and relevant project information to appropriate levels of staff regarding operating businesses requests and projects and initiatives. They proactively share knowledge of technology risks and opportunities to build competitive advantage and improve efficiency and effectiveness of the operating businesses.
They partner with business leadership and other key stakeholders to define opportunities and identify and prioritize projects based on predefined criteria (e.g. return on investment, productivity, compliance).
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Working closely with the local business leaders, produces a Project Initiation Document (PID) highlighting any competence and resource gap and mitigating risks
- Responsible for the development and implementation of solution roadmaps and ensuring successful introductions across the organization.
- Collaborate with management to develop annual IT/technology budgets for respective business areas.
- Develop solution concepts and business cases for new investments.
- Perform business analysis and prepare recommendations and business plans as needed.
- Participate in the Due Diligence phase of an acquisition process to assess the technology level of a prospect acquisition and recommend the level of investment required post-transaction.
Once identified a new project:
- Assist the business in defining their system requirements, create a shared vision of their respective solutions, and facilitate decision-making and arbitration relating to trade-offs both within and between different solution platforms.
- Act as the key liaison between operating businesses and outside vendors/software consultants.
- Possess a broad knowledge of most technical and business resources and use them to effectively coordinate team members and external resources.
- Form part of steering committees and other organizational forums supervising large IT projects
- Oversee the launch of solutions and help to maximize the positive impact on the organization.
EDUCATION and EXPERIENCE:
Bachelor’s degree (B.A. or B.S.) from a four-year college or university or 10 to 15 years of IT and business/industry work experience, with at least 3 years of leadership experience and 5 years developing and executing strategic plans and/or project portfolios or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in Computer Science, Business Administration, or other related field or equivalent work experience.
Breadth: Typically has 10 to 15 years of IT and business work experience with a broad range of exposure to various technical environments and business segments. At least 3 years of experience with managing teams responsible in strategic planning, business development or client management and working with a broad range of diverse and complicated business units.
ADDITIONAL DESIRABLE QUALIFICATIONS:
- Strong analytical skills, including an understanding of business economics and financial resources.
- Strategic thinking and planning
- Operational execution excellence
- Systems thinking
- Business acumen.
- Team and collaboration orientation
- Performance driven
- Multi-task, versatile, well-organized